Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Ritual

As the beginning of each new semester draws near, a knot forms in my stomach...it grows, cutting off my breath, making me slightly nauseous every time the mail comes or I see an email in my box.

That's right, folks. Grades are coming.

Every time, without fail, my friend Jennifer pops up on IM to tell me "Grades are up." That's all she says, and then she's gone... No handholding...No...so, how'd you do?

It's happened every time...but I still start shaking.

I sign on to my account that very minute, breath held...did I pass?? Did I pass??

OH MY GOD...DID I PASS??? HURRY UP YOU STUPID COMPUTER!!!!

Then I scroll down, hands shaking.... okay...okay....

OH MY GOD, I PASSED!!!! WHY THE HELL DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS TO ME?!?!

*Deep sigh of relief, followed by a touch of disappointment* And then...then...I go buy my books for the upcoming semester. Yeah, that's the next thing on my agenda. Ah, tradition.

8 comments:

Claire G said...

Congratulations (g). Just think, what will you do when you don't have that ritual to follow any more? Not long now...

Jennifer Hendren said...

Claire,

Celebrate, I imagine. (g)

Thanks!

Jen

Carol Spradling said...

Hi Jen,

Congratulations? One more semester and then you're done. You can put this ritual to the side forever.

helgor said...

Yay!

Even though school sux, passing gets you one more semester to being done.

So yeah, celebrate!

Jennifer Hendren said...

Carol,

Can't wait. Seriously, having a bi-annual spazz out is not good for a person. (g)

I know I'm silly -- but I am legitimately happy to have passed everything. It was my toughest semester, by far.

Jen

Jennifer Hendren said...

Helene,

Oh yes, I'm celebrating. (g) Not only because I'm almost done, but because I made it through the toughtest semester I've had so far. Whew... my friend and I had basically the same schedule, and we both agree we must've been out of our minds to put ourselves through that. (g)

Thanks!

Jen

Precie said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! Just one more semester to go!

Well, then the bar....

Jennifer Hendren said...

Precie,

ACK...you said the B word. I've outlawed that on this blog. (g)

Jen