Tuesday, January 15, 2008

10 Things About Me As A Writer

Okay, I glimpsed Susan A's blog, and yanno I couldn't resist. And following her cue...tag..YOU'RE IT!! I mean YOU!

1. Your genre(s)?

Heh. Umm, primarily adult mystery/suspense and young adult. But I'm a dabbler.

2. How many books have you completed?

Two, though I'm about 1/3rd of the way finished with a third, and have good chunks of a couple of others (Meaning anywhere from 25-100K). Oh, and since I'm practically rewriting my first book, you could say I'm at about 3 books. (g)

3. How many books are you working on now?

One, full-time, though I have revisions for another stewing at all times.

4. Are you a linear or chunk writer?

Chunk. I've tried the outline/linear thing. Yuck.

5. The POV you're most partial to?

First, definitely. Though I'm expanding my repertoire into 3rd.

6. The theme that keeps cropping up in your books?

Stripping my characters of their perceived strengths so that they're forced to find new ones.

7. How many days a week do you write?

I try for seven.

8. What time of day do you get your best writing done?

Anytime I'm able to write. (g) Okay..umm, probably late at night. I started really kicking into gear after midnight when I was working on BTPM. Considering it's about werewolves, it was rather fitting.

9. Who are your mentors?

Anyone I've ever read. Whether I enjoyed or disliked a particular book, I always take something away from the experience. In fact, I probably learn more from the books I can't stand. (g)

10. Who are your favorite authors to read? (different from mentors)

I don't know what it is about YA these days, but I almost prefer them to adult books. Stephenie Meyers, Libba Bray, J.K. Rowling, Scott Westerfeld, etc. Adult -- I always enjoy King, Evanovich, Roberson, Gabaldon...and classics...I love me some classics.

1 comment:

Susan Adrian said...

Jen:

Yay! You did it! :)