Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Snip! Snip! Snip!

Okay, I did it. I cut some scenes today -- some really great ones, in fact. *sigh* For those of you who have read my wip... the drunk boys/spooning/shower/locked out of the house stuff has said adios. Yeah, it wasn't easy, but I had to be truthful with myself. It wasn't pushing the main plot forward and lord knows it was taking up a BIG chunk of my words.... so, snip snip snip. The great thing is that I _can_ put those scenes in another book -- they don't have to be in this one. So, it will be okay. *nods firmly to convince herself* Of course, if I can somehow sneak them back in, you know I will! LOL.

The main thing -- I want/NEED to save the dance. For one, I can't think of any other place I could put it -- it's very book specific and wouldn't work elsewhere. So, pick your battles, I guess. Surely I'll be allowed one ridiculous scene in this book. (g)

Anyway, I made some really great progress with my brainstorming/rearrangement/reworking of my scenes. Right now, I'm not actually writing anything new -- just trying to think the whole thing out so I can send an outline to D.A. I've got some changes that I absolutely love, and once I figure out one or two last plot points, I should be able to pull together the rest fairly quickly. I'm just stuck on a few logistics. So, good progress. I'll sleep on the rest and maybe an answer will pop up in my dreams. :)

No comments: