Friday, May 4, 2007

Aaargh! (g)

Well, I think I'm finally coming out of my post-finals exhaustion. Wow. Talk about wiped out. I've barely been able to get moving and have spent a good part of the past couple of days watching the LOTR trilogy. Sad...truly.

At any rate, my brain seems to be coming out of the fog -- tonight I spent a good amount of time thinking about revisions to FI and BTPM. First, BTPM. I think I've slowly realized that I still have a lot of story to tell with this one. I don't know that it will end at two books -- it's more likely there's _at least_ a third. That's what I'm going with at any rate. And with the brainstorming, I had a little lightbulb moment that will somewhat change the ending I have in place for book 1. It's all good -- just setting up the second book anticipation a little more. (g) Oh man, I hope I don't get crucified for my ending. LOL.

As for FI -- I'm getting there. I've got notecards all made up -- I plan on hitting the revisions hardcore in the next week or so. I've finally come to the conclusion that I can cut stuff. Yeah, I can do it. My big plan is to pull out everything that isn't 100% necessary...which will hurt...and work forward. If I can work some of it in, great... If I can't... maybe I can use the stuff in another book. The main thing is that I need to pull that stuff out for now. Trying to work around it will be too frustrating and I think it would be that much harder to let the scenes go if I'm constantly tripping over them. Does that make sense?

At any rate, I have big plans for what I'm going to do. It's really going to change a lot of things...but it WILL retain the same tone and Maddy style. (g) Can't lose that...WON'T lose that. Hopefully, I can put together an outline to send off to D.A. I'm going to shoot for it at any rate.

And of course (with my luck), tomorrow I'm super busy and won't have a single minute to write. Then I'm going out of town Saturday and Sunday. Oh yay -- finally in the mood and I won't have any time. Oh well, I'll take pen and paper and try to work during the drive. My biggest problem will be surviving without the internet. LOL. When I start getting the shakes, I might have to find a coffee house with wireless. :) The worst part -- my grandparents (I'm going for my grandmother's 80th birthday party) don't even have electric plugs in their guest rooms. No laptop!! *cries*

Speaking of which! I'm having a laptop nightmare. My power cord has gone kaput -- actually, it went blotto about a week and a half ago. It freaked me the heck out because I _needed_ my laptop for finals. At any rate, I've been sharing my uncle's power cord. Two of us trying to use it is slowly becoming a nightmare, though. He's not feeling nearly as generous with it now that finals are over -- which is understandable but a big problem. (g)

At any rate, I have a warranty on my computer...but guess what? Yep, can't find the receipt, which is CRAZY. So, I call the store tonight and they said if I brought in my credit card statement with my ID, that would be fine. Guess what? Yep..no credit card statement. *pulls hair out* An entire year's worth of statements is GONE. I have no clue where they are. It's truly the weirdest thing because I'm really careful with such things. My biggest fear is that I accidentally shredded the wrong pile or something. *bangs head on desk*

So, I narrowed down my purchasing card to two possibilities. I phoned the CC company tonight and they're sending my missing statements. 7-10 working days. Gah. The other is my bank, which is actually the more likely candidate. I'm going to phone them in the morning. Cross your fingers that I bought it with my debit card -- or that I find the missing year of statements somewhere. LOL. Gah, I can't believe this. At any rate -- it will work out in the end. I just don't know how long it will take to get there. (g)

Wow -- this is a long post. Guess I'll stop rambling. (g)

1 comment:

Kait Nolan said...

Oh but 3 is such a lovely number for a series. :) We promise to stay your execution so long as you don't kill off the heroine or the hero. Leaving us in limbo would suck, but would not be automatic grounds for being drawn and quartered.