Monday, May 14, 2007

If There's One Truth in Life...

...it's that family get-togethers are great fodder for fiction. If ever in need of some classic lines or jokes, all I need to do is to go to a dinner with my extended family. I'd like to take a moment to share some particular jewels that have occurred over the past couple of weekends. Okay, all of these things center around my cousin's six year old son. He has such a way with words. (g)

Once upon a time, he used to be rather shy. It's only in the past few months that I've noticed him opening his mouth to initiate conversations with people, etc. Too bad for the boy -- with all of us adults roaring with laughter every time he speaks, he's probably going to go back to his silent ways. (g)

Okay -- here are some good ones. LOL. My cousin has three kids -- and we're sitting down to dinner last weekend and they all come roaring inside. "One of the dogs went to the bathroom!" Lovely. (g) My aunt, who's recently become a mama when she adopted Bailey, quietly asks said 6 year old whether the dog went number one or number two. He stared at her for the longest time, the little gears in his head spinning round and round, and then confidently says, "Three." *giggle* Being part of "poo patrol", I went out to deal with the matter. At which time, all three kids stood over the spot, fingers pointed at the little heap. Then the 9 year old girl proudly declares, "There are four pieces!"

Okay... then there's yesterday. My uncle grilled burgers and we were all in line to get our food, etc. Then, I hear this high little voice (the 6 year old) asking, "Who made these hamburgers?" Someone tells him it was this uncle... and everyone goes about their business. Out of nowhere, and apparently no one heard it but me, I hear, "They're horrible!" ROFL. The same kid then turns to my aunt, who by all accounts is a big woman, and says, "Wow! You've got _everything_ on your plate!" LMAO.

Oh man, kids. I love them. (g)

No comments: