I need everyone to help me give a big ole' internet kick in the butt to my friend Jenna. (g) Jenna is a great writer, but she never seems to sit down and actually...yanno...write. LOL. I want to read her completed novel..like...NOW. GIRL....GET A MOVE ON!!!
Anywho...I thought it might be fun to list our top ways of procrastinating... maybe if enough of them ring a bell with her, she'll put it into gear. :)
1. Solitaire!! OMG...I use it to avoid listening in class, to "prepare" myself for writing... Gah. And Jenna, I KNOW you do that Pogo stuff! :)
2. TV -- I'm the first to admit that I love trash TV. Okay, I'm not going to name off all of the shows I will distract myself with...but some are on VH1 and have a lot of flavor. (g)
3. Catching up on TV shows I miss by watching them on the computer. LOL. Yeah, I'm pathetic.
4. Naps -- girl, you know your butt takes a nap every day. If you fail to take one, you know it's out of the norm. (g)
5. Reading blogs/threads on the forum/surfing the net. Yeah, don't get me started. Although, as of late I haven't had nearly as much time to peruse the web. Heck, I haven't been on most of my haunts in over a month. I consider your YouTubing to fall under this, btw. (g) Not to mention your fanfic reading.
6. Writing on my blog/LJ. Yeah, 'nuff said.
7. Critting -- oh man, critting can take up SOOO much time. I know you learn a lot from doing it, but man, MY writing _should_ come first.
8. Checking my email. LOL. Okay, this has been amped up since I've been dealing with D.A.... well, with the query process as a whole.
9. Checking the mail -- see above re: query process. Man, I'm a nervous wreck waiting for responses. :)
10. Reading -- yeah, I need to do it, but not ALL the time and not to the detriment of my writing time.
Okay, I'll stop at ten...though I'm sure I could go on for quite a while. (g) It's actually pretty amazing that I get anything done.... If I could harness all of my time spent doing useless things, I'd seriously be rockin' the books. lol
YOUR turn. Help me deliver that boot to her ass. :)