Friday, June 15, 2007

Dustin' Off The Kilt

There's this great party thread on the forum I belong to. Basically, a forumite set the scene -- describing the area, etc... and then other members can write their characters in, interweaving the various snips into a big story. You're allowed to borrow each other's characters and to have your MC's view the scenes going on around them. What fun!

Maddy and Gabe crashed, of course. (g) Maddy headed straight for the booze and poker game, while Gabe hung back and watched in amusement. Then he took off and confiscated some drugs from this teenage girl. Hey, it's what his character would do. :)

Then I let Aidan and Morgan come out to play. (beaming) I haven't played with those two for quite some time. I totally froze on Aidan's dialect...but oh well, I did the best I could. It's been over a year since I've worked on that book. There's another Scottish character from about the same time/place... so the other writer promised our characters could fight later. Can't wait to see what she comes up with. LOL. Our two modern MC's prolly need to talk, too.

Anyway -- I'm having fun, well, just writing. LOL. It's been a while. I'd introduce some of my other characters in, but goodness, they'd overrun the place. Four is good -- too many, but good. (g) Although, I think Drew is feeling a little left out... oh heck, all those I excluded are bummed. (g) I love to do show and tell -- yeah, I'm a ham. :)

No comments: