Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Status

Well, I'm still plugging away at BTPM. AAARGH. The only good thing, is that I really like the stuff I'm writing. The bad is that it's going slowly and not really working with the "time frame" I had in mind. LOL. OH well, what can you do? I'd much rather have the end book be GOOD than written quickly at this point.

You know, I keep wondering... what happened to me?? I used to churn out words like there was no tomorrow. These days I'm lucky if I write every day... and when I do write, to churn out 500 words. It's weird and I don't like it. lol. I want to go back to my days of abandon when I'd churn out 25K in a week... when I threw caution to the wind and believed in myself... gah.

Frustration.

At any rate, that original scene that I cut took up chapters 13-15. I've finished 13 & 14, and have a pretty good idea about what I'll do with 15. After that, I'm back on track and hopefully I can gut my way to the end. We shall see.

I'm also letting FI simmer as it's slowly moving from the back of my mind to the forefront. I'm so geared up to work on it. Perhaps I'll get some of the old Jen back while writing completely new scenes...random...willy-nilly...saying f*ck what people think of this, cuz I love it. LOL. Yeah, if you know me, you know the last part isn't true... but SOME confidence would be nice.

Oh, and I need to work on the prep for the haunted house party I'm throwing. Must do that soon.

Busy. Gah.

2 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

"when I threw caution to the wind and believed in myself"
for me this comes and goes - unfortunately. Isn't it great though when you do feel that way? :-)

Jennifer Hendren said...

Deniz,

Yeah, same here. And yes, it's wonderful...miss it. :)

Jen