Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Off To The Races

Okay, I've made a schedule for myself. My hope is to finish all revisions of FI by the end of the year. It's going to be a lot of work -- and it'll be hard to juggle writing with all of my school demands, but I think I can do it. True I've said this before (BTPM ringing any bells? The revisions on that MS still aren't finished. LOL), but I'm gonna give it a go. If I can at least vow to catch up on the weekends, or during any downtime (ROFL -- yeah, right), I think it will be a nice little Christmas present to myself. My daily word count seems manageable, but I'll definitely have to stay focused. I used to brainstorm ideas every night before I went to bed... I didn't necessarily know what the scenes would be, and lord knows they rarely turned out the way I first "envisioned" (if that's what you'd call it), but I always had a _starting point_ to begin with.

It's time to get down to business. (g)

Jen ain't playin' anymore. ;) LOL.

Anywho, I read back through the most recent scenes of FI. You know, I can't tell you how pleased I am. That stuff ain't bad, dude. Several of the scenes have been left hanging, so there's always those to work on. But the thing I'm not going to hold myself to is writing in order. I will write whatever is speaking and go from there. With my outline, I should be able to figure it all out along the way. So, I'm off to see if I can squeeze out some words -- I didn't count today, so it'll all be a bonus chance to get back in a groove.

Oh, I'm not sure I'll be continuing the lines of the day. Maybe a line of the week would be more doable. Right now I have to concentrate less on blogging and more on getting my job done. Though if I squeeze in any reading, I'll be sure to write up some reviews...still owe those four. Okay, I'm off. Wish me luck!

ETA: I managed a quick 750 on a new scene--had to stop due to (1) the late hour and my EARLY morning class and (2) a need for medical advice. I sent a note off to my friend who's a nurse. With any luck, she'll get back to me before I begin writing tomorrow. Not much, but decent.

No comments: