Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Whoot!

I had a great night working on revisions. I got through _10K_. YAY. I'm about halfway through another chapter, too, but have to call it quits for now. Must get some rest. At any rate, I'm only a chapter and a half away from that big ole' scene I wrote not too long ago. I'll be excited to integrate it into the story -- to see how it all flows together.

I ran across the second big flashback from the original MS. Once again, I can't decide whether to keep it or not. I did cut it down by a couple of hundred words -- it's hovering right around 1K right now. Perhaps tomorrow I can come up with a way to cut the entire thing. We'll see. Right now I can't muster enough brain power to be creative about it. LOL. Oh well. I think it's necessary to the story, though perhaps not in this specific format.

Oh, and I cut that self-involved scene I posted last week. Just went snip snip and it's gone. I really liked it, but upon a second look, it really wasn't all that necessary. Blah. :) Self-editing sucks. (g)

Okay...6 more days, about 30K to go... I can do it, I can do it. Rah rah rah.

No comments: