Okay, Susan tagged me. I need to reveal 7 little known facts about myself -- and then tag seven people...
Here we go...
1. I have a voice minor. When I entered undergrad, all I wanted was to be the next big thing on Broadway. In fact, my vocal coach said I had a voice made for it. The major glitch in that plan is that I lack any musical sensibilities. LOL. IOW, I can't read music or sight sing. I've got a great ear for picking out melodies, etc., but cold reading ain't my thing. And we won't even bring up my piano lessons during that time period. BLECH! But I love to sing. Karaoke was a Godsend... and well, I'm a complete ham.
2. Hand in hand with the voice minor, I have the WORST stage fright. I get sick to my stomach -- want to run out the door and away from the stage, despite LOVING to perform in front of people. Talk about a contradiction. Amazingly, I had no problem singing solo's at my waitressing job every night (i.e. I sang Happy Birthday in Italian. lol). I think it has something to do with the stage... at least, that's my theory. (g)
3. I'm scared of heights. Gah, you guys are going to think I'm a nutjob after this post. (g) Let me clarify -- I don't have any great fear when looking down from a really high level -- say the viewing floor at the Sears Tower in Chicago. It's beautiful, and I love it. No, my real fear comes out when I'm standing on a patio a floor or two up... My knees go weak, my stomach drops, my hands start to shake... I experience vertigo. It's horrible. LOL. Of course, I plan to go skydiving when I graduate from law school. Go figure. It won't be off a patio, though. :)
4. Oh..this is a good one! (g) Why I'm continuing to embarrass myself, I don't know. It's fun. :) When I was in first grade, my teacher wanted us to each stand up and explain our heritage to the class. I'm all kinds of excited -- I went home and talked to my mom, she filled me in, and I was ready to go. Little Jen stands up: "I'm half American Indian and half German sheperd." *Laughter* Jen: "What? *blink blink*" Yeah... (g)
5. I'm a reality TV junkie. It's pathetic.
6. I've lived in 8 states, 14 cities. No, my family wasn't army or any other normal "traveling" family. My parents just had a touch of the wanderlust and it rubbed off on me. Staying too long in any place bores me to tears. Hey, I went to 8 elementary schools -- it's a way of life for me. (g)
7. One of the most common things said about me: "You were so quiet when I first met you -- WHAT happened? You're out of your mind!" LOL. I'm like a car in the winter -- sometimes I need to warm up before I really get going.
Okay...tagging... *cheats by looking at link list* I tag Carol, Jenny C., Cindy D., Helene, Beth Shope, "Maggie", Rose, and Jenna.