Monday, December 15, 2008

A Christmas Survey

I was tagged by several of the MA ladies, and I challenge the rest of you girls to respond! :)

Insert your own answers and pass it on to whomever you feel would respond – including the person who sent it to you

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper all the way...and good paper at that. I take a long time to choose.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Ugh, REAL. Nothing tops the scent of a real pine tree. I know it's probably all kinds o' bad for the environment, but I can't stand the fake ones. (Not that I get a choice about this, mind. I've had to live with artificial for the past few years and this year we're not even putting that up. (!!!!))

3. When do you put up the tree? A week or so after Thanksgiving (usually -- again, no tree this year. Blech.)

4. When do you take the tree down? My stepdad would say Christmas day, I would say after New Year's, my aunt would say February or March.

5. What do you do with your tree after you take it down? Trash man takes it away.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember getting a tape deck and the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, which I listened to for HOURS.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Anyone in my family. They're so picky and don't always appreciate my "creative" buying.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom. She always wants The Same Things.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. Haven't invested in one yet.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail -- nothing like snail mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well, it's a two-way tie. Every year for the past few years, my family plays Dirty Santa on Christmas Eve. Our spending limit is 15 dollars, so people tend to get a bit creative with their gifts. The first year I won two pounds of tiger meat with crackers. Tiger meat, as my family calls it, is raw hamburger that has loads of spices. (blink) Things like this make me believe I'm adopted. The second was last year when I received two four-packs of Clamato beer. If you don't know what that is, it's beer with clam and tomato juice. *blech* My aunt bought it, and by God, she drank it, too. I wasn't going near that crap.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone (Cheesy, but nothing gets me in the Christmas mood quite like this move does.)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Erm, I'd like to say early, but that's such a lie. I have, on occasion, purchased gifts after Christmas, for the following year, but it's a rare occurrence. Most of my shopping is accomplished in the last couple of days leading up to Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember...hmmm...no, I don't think so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Too many things to list. We have some great cooks in my family and we stuff ourselves silly.

16. Lights on the tree? The more the better.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Hard to choose. I'll Be Home For Christmas and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and Winter Wonderland, and...okay, I can't choose.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I split my time between my mom's house in Cali and my grandparents' here. So, yeah, guess I always travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? You know Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer, and Vixen...Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen....but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all?? Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. (That would be a yes.)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Hmm, I haven't decided yet. I like them both.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We do the Dirty Santa thing on Christmas Eve and open all other gifts in the morning. Usually I'm the only one doing this. LOL. I DO have some self-restraint after all! (g)

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who complain about Christmas music. Seriously. What's up with that?

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't have a theme. A number of years ago, I started collecting random ornaments -- in the hopes that someday I'll have a really great collection of unique decorations -- no two the same.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? It's all good.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Hmmm, nothing really comes to mind. I just want my family and friends to be healthy and safe. Whatever presents I get are gravy.

No comments: