Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Quick Update On My Pile O' Mysteries

I couldn't get into the Kerry Greenwood book, COCAINE BLUES. Just wasn't for me. Called it quits after thirty pages.

I finished Ted Dekker's SKIN. Eh, I didn't really enjoy it much. I'd review it, but I'll just point you to my review of HOUSE, on which he collaborated with Frank Peretti. HERE. To be honest, they're pretty much the same book. Only one centers around a freaky house with a seriously weird basement, and the other centers around a small town that keeps disappearing. SKIN had less of a religious angle to it, but the style of both books is remarkably similar. Page-turners, both, but overall not very satisfying to this girl.

I've just begun THE BEEKEEPER'S APPRENTICE by Laurie R. King. It's snared my interest so far, though it's been mostly narration for the first fifty pages or so. I'm hoping to get into some real-time action soon. We'll see.

So yeah, I'm doing okay with my stack...need to step on the gas a little, tho. I have three books to finish by next Tuesday or Wednesday. My goal is to keep from incurring any late fees this summer. (g)

1 comment:

Tara Parker said...

Have you done your review of Vicki's new book yet? Just finished it the other day. LOVED IT. She keeps getting better with every book!