Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Baby Steps!

So, I told myself I couldn't check the forum, or my email, or turn on the TV before I had a thousand words today. I failed on the internet thing -- big time. I had to do a quick bit of research for my current scene and couldn't control the urge to check the email. Then the forum. Then google reader. I'm pathetic.

And we won't talk about the number of games of solitaire I played. (g)

At any rate, it took me about 2 and 1/2 hours, but I did it. One thousand words...and I'm ready to write more. YAY. It's been a long time since I've gotten to a goal and wanted to keep on going. But now that I've got my teeth in this scene, I want to see it finished. Don't know if that will happen today, but I'm stoked beyond words for the progress I've already made. It's a pivotal scene. So important, and it's totally giving me the heebs as I write it. That's a VERY good thing. I hope others respond in a similar way.

No comments: