Friday, June 13, 2008

Back In Novel Land

First, the good news:

1. I've tackled some major scenes this week, and I feel like I'm finally getting a foothold on FI again.

2. I've hit novel word count again -- hovering right around 70-75K now. Even more because there are bits I plan on pulling from the old novel, and I still have some handwritten stuff to type into the computer.

3. I've successfully met my goals for (checks calendar) four days now. I know it's not much, but it's something. I'm trying and at least succeeding to develop a schedule that I've been sticking to.

4. If I REALLY push it, I THINK I can finish the first draft by the end of June. It's going to take a miracle, but yeah, I think I can do it. (DO NOT LET ME SLACK! (g))


The Bad News:

1. My head is getting really muddled with all of the random scenes I've got going on. My timeline is a little screwy right now and I need to take a step back and make sure everything works together as is.

2. I'm still not happy with the first 30 pages, which means a rewrite is in the works.

3. I'm scared to death that this book is gonna suck.


My goals:

1. Tomorrow I'm going to take that step back and go through my scenes, organizing, and making sure everything lines up.

2. Keep writing -- stay in my routine. My motto: Push through.

3. Shut out all negative voices, including my own. (g)

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Tara Parker said...

The book is NOT going to suck. (g)

Everything I've read so far is very, very good, and you ROCK, so it can't suck.

Jennifer Hendren said...

Tara,

HA...we shall see. (g) Thanks!

Jen

Deniz Bevan said...

"(DO NOT LET ME SLACK! (g))"
Are you writing? Are you writing right now? You'd better be writin! Go for it! I can't wait to read it!!!
(there, how's that? (g))

Jennifer Hendren said...

Yay, Deniz! Thanks for the kick in the pants. (g) I'm slow-moving this morning, but I'm beginning my writing session as soon as I post this message. :)

Jen