Friday, March 16, 2007

Progress on By The Pale Moonlight

I did my thing today. Printed the whole wip out and reordered the scenes--scissors, paperclips, and slips of paper abounded. I have it all pretty much laid out the way I think it will go -- and let me tell you, it ain't half bad. (g) I'm actually pleasantly surprised how the story really sucked me in, and it read quite well. Sure, due to the chunk method, there are some things that will need to be moved around and such, but all in all, I think I did a pretty good job of roadmapping this sucker in my head. So, YAY.

I'm at 47K, just 13K to go -- max, I hope. I should be able to cut that in half (at least) by Sunday night. I hope to join kidcrit by the beginning of April so I can start posting this for crits. I know that's fast, but I believe in jumping in head first. (g) Hopefully, it will go over well and won't be a complete bloodbath, leaving me to rethink the whole book. LOL. Being as this is my first shot at YA, and only my second novel, you never know. But, I'd say about the beginning 3/5ths of the book is _almost_ complete. I just have to basically concentrate on the big finish now. It's so exciting.

No comments: