Tuesday, February 13, 2007

We Have Twins!

This isn't one hundred precent for certain, but I think BTPM is going to turn into a two-parter. *sigh* Just call me Jen, the girl who never does anything the easy way. (g)

I've finally gotten back into a quasi-writing routine. I've managed about 3K in the past 3-4 days. It's not a lot, but I figure it's much better than the zero words I was producing before. Anyway, I've focused on BTPM, and figured out a lot of things that are taking the story in a whole other direction. Not in a bad way -- it's all GOOD for the book. It's just funny because I thought a YA would be quick and simple, when it's in actuality turning into the toughest challenge I've faced so far. How ironic.

IF this happens, I've still made it my goal to finish the first book by the end of March. I'm about 33-38K away from my projected word count... but it _could_ go down if this is split into two books. I'll have to check to see what the acceptable minimum is for YA. All I know is that 100K+ is much too big for one book (well, there are always exceptions).

I'm feeling much better after my little slump. I wish I could adequately explain the feeling to non-writers, but I never seem able. When magic happens, it is truly the most amazing thing. And that's what's happened the past couple of days. All sorts of scenes are popping up... and then miraculously tying into previously written ones...giving deeper meaning to this bit of dialogue, or that incident. It's like my sub-conscious knew the master plan for this book, and has chosen to reveal it to me in bits and pieces. I LOVE writing. I can't say that enough.

No comments: