Saturday, February 17, 2007

So Much For...Sleep

This new wip is rolling right along -- and no, I don't have a name for it yet. I'm _loving_ it. I managed to get another 3K today, and have spent the early morning hours telling myself I needed to stop writing and go to bed. But I couldn't. I _needed_ to know what happened next.

Whether or not it's true, I really feel like this is some of my best writing to date. The descriptions are far more developed than they are in any of my other books (other than parts of COTM) and I can visualize so much of what is happening. Parts are almost frighteningly real.

The scene that ensnared me tonight was the bit in my original dream. I'm not quite finished with it, but unfortunately, my energy is waning and I need SLEEP. (g) I can't wait to wake up and work on it some more.

Today, a friend mentioned I _didn't_ need to stop work on a current wip in order to focus on every new idea. I agree. (s) But sometimes, when the wellspring of inspiration is speaking, you have to go along for the ride. Had I ignored the urge to tell this story, I'd be missing out on 6K of some pretty good stuff -- not to mention the basic skeleton of what I really believe will be a wonderful book. My point being -- sometimes you have to listen. I'm so glad I did.

No comments: