Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Church Is Failing Me!

Much to my chagrin, my local B&N didn't order any copies of Courtney Summer's new novel, CRACKED UP TO BE. *gasp* WHAT?? I don't get it. Not at all.

So, in hopes of spurring on a few orders, I placed an in-store order for it -- before its release date.

*looks at calendar*

Uh, folks, it STILL isn't in. And every time I call, they tell me they don't know if/when/how it will be arriving. WTF. Seriously, I could've ordered it from amazon and received it a few times by now. I'm irritated beyond rationality. I'm irritated to the point of being reduced to a cave woman mentality.

Me. Want. Book. Now.

Grrrrrr.

It's all made worse by the fact that my book/TV/internet blackout starts in about 26 hours. Even if I got the book now, I wouldn't be able to read it. D*MN you, B&N. I refuse to worship with you for at least...well, until after the blackout..AT LEAST!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Jen, this is why I prefer Amazon to B&N, when it comes to ordering books. B&N gives terrible service.

Jennifer Hendren said...

Beth,

HA...this is my lesson learned. (g) The terrible thing is that when I called yesterday, the pleasant and very helpful saleslady said she would reorder it. Before I asked her to, mind. And dangit...I was too polite to say NO, I'll go elsewhere! *le sigh*

Jen (who will probably never get her book)

Beth said...

Just order it from Amazon anyway. And when it comes in at B&N, tell them it took too long and you bought it elsewhere. They'll probably just put it on the shelf, which means they'll finally have one in stock. (g)

Jennifer Hendren said...

Beth,

Yeah. I'm thinking about doing that. Of course, I have all of these gift cards....eee. Maybe if I order it from them online, I'll actually get it. (g)

Jen