Monday, January 12, 2009

Jen's-Pledge-To-Finish-FI-Or-Die-Trying

I've made a pledge to myself to finish FI. Not only have I promised myself that this IS it...that the end is drawing near, but I've also taken measures to insure it all happens.

So, in order to finish FI or die trying, I'm taking vacation from both jobs, starting this Friday, 5PM. I will be off work for--count 'em--NINE days, during which I will do none of the following.

1) Blog

2) Read

3) Post/read/cyber-watch any threads over at compu

4) Watch TV

5) Any stupid "I must clean my room" or "organize my CD's" type procrastination things. If showering starts taking too much time, by God I will put an end to it all and cope with my own stink.

My mission is to do one thing, and one thing only -- write. Write. WRITE. WRITE!!!

No sleeping in -- I will wake at my usual time and get dressed for work. If my dogs or the fam become too much of a nuisance, I will cut-out and head to a coffee house. No IM'ing -- no phone calls -- nothing but FI. Oh, and food and sugar. I'm human.

I feel like I'm heading into bootcamp. (g)

So, when I disappear, at least y'all know what I'm doing. If you're willing, send positive thoughts my way. Help me by envisioning a stack of pages that will be FAKING IT...completed! Ahh...Must keep that picture in mind when I grow weak. (g)

6 comments:

Tara Parker said...

Good luck! Hope to hear good news in 9 days. (g)

Deniz Bevan said...

Good luck! I think it's a great idea - very dedicated of you to give up blogging and reading (gasp!!). I might follow suit in February, to write the darn last chapter that keeps eluding me...

Jennifer Hendren said...

Thanks, girls! I'll let you know how it goes. If I survive. (g)

Beth said...

Good luck! I'd admire your motivation.

I will say that from the list of things you said you wouldn't do, I'd personally have to mark off "read." For me, reading stokes the fires and provides a much-needed mental shift. And often while I'm reading, ideas start popping up in the background.

Jennifer Hendren said...

Beth,

If I fail at any of them, it will be the no reading thing.

(Ha...I'll most likely fail at all of them at one point or another. It's all about moderation if/when I fall off the wagon. (g))

Jen

Jennifer Hendren said...

Oh..and thanks! :)