Thursday, March 13, 2008

Uplifting Moment

I've mentioned before that I'm taking a law & literature class. The law professor who normally teaches it decided to hand it off to a novelist, Richard Dooling. Anyway, today Dooling decided to host an informal Q&A about the publishing biz. Naturally, everyone wanted to know how he got his agent, etc. Which lead him to asking who my quasi-agent is. When I said D.A.'s name, his eyes popped open a little wider, and he said, "WHAT are you doing in law school??"

Made my day. (g) Now to finish that damn book... LOL.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Jen!
That's awesome. I was wondering the other day what ever happened there. Wasn't he waiting on revisions from you? Or will you just get back to him when you're ready?

Jennifer Hendren said...

Hey Cindy!

Yes, he's been waiting. :P Well, it took forever to knock out an outline we could both agree on, and a while longer to decide if I was headed in the right direction after turning in my first 100 pages. LOL. What a long process. I didn't really even start working on the remainder of the book until mid-to-late October, and had to put the brakes on for finals. I swear, of all the semsters of law school -- last Fall was by far the worst. The timing couldn't have been any better. (wg)

Anyway -- I'm hoping to have the SFD finished very soon -- this week if I'm lucky.

Such a LONG, LONG process. (g)

Jen