Sunday, August 30, 2009

I've Said It Before...

...and I'll say it again.

A good crit partner is worth his/her weight in gold.

They make you see things that you've never thought of before. They put the bullsh*t aside and tell it to you like it is.

And in the end, you're better for it!

I love when someone comes in and pinpoints something that has niggled at the back of my mind -- something that I have convinced myself to ignore. IOW, something that indicates I have been living in the monkey house for far too long.

A fresh set of eyes helps me realize that I need to listen to that inner voice a little more and not stubbornly cling to something just because I THINK I can get by with it. The truth is, I shouldn't settle for mediocre. And someone who will call me to the mats on it is someone I want reading my work.

Whoot.

No comments: