It's official. My office is unpacked! I've never been so relieved. I can see my desk, I can see my floor, and I can see all of my sparkly books. :)
Some pics (of varying degrees of blurriness. I really need a new camera.)
My sparkly new bookshelves! Look at the room I have left over! You know what that means...time for a worship session!
Where the magic is gonna happen. :) If you look to the left, you'll see FI in all it's glory. Okay, so it's in tattered bits, all paper clipped and cut up, but it's there. That's the important thing.
You'll notice I have all of the important writing tools...a desk...a chair...juggling beanies for brainstorming sessions...
The wires are a little out of control behind my desk, but that's a job for another day.
That's my paperback bookshelf. It's stacked two rows deep. I still have several tubs under my bed that need to be added, hence the space at the bottom. You'll notice my very own "My Lord and Spymaster" mug at the bottom right corner. Jealous? :)
In celebration, I thought I'd hold a little contest. Plus, by writing up these questions, I'm able to procrastinate on those bathroom/kitchen floors. :) It's going to be a LONG night.
Okay, DA Rules are simple:
1. Answer the following questions to the best of your ability. The person who gets the most answers correct will win a gift certificate to my church (aka Barnes & Noble), denomination to be determined. (Nina pointed out a flaw in my otherwise brilliant plan. If you Do Not have a B&N in your area/country, do still enter. I'll come up with an equally cool prize. Okay, maybe nothing is quite as cool as a B&N certificate, but I'll try.) If I have a lot of entries, you can betcha I'll make it worth it. I'll be honest, if you read my blog, you may have a slight advantage with them. Then again, you may end up more confused. In the end, it's probably a fairly equal playing field.
2. A CHANGE: Answer in the comments section. I'll make this a random drawing instead. Why? Because I think my pictures are crap, and my references maybe a little too obscure in some questions. If together you can answer most of these questions, then awesome. :) I'll be interested to see if all of them are puzzled out. (g)
3. Enter by next Friday, July 10th, 12am CST. I will announce the winner promptly, or when I wake up. I'd count on the latter.
4. Link it to your blog. The more the merrier!
On to the questions!
1. This bestselling book received these comments from me upon finishing: I liked the book despite the atrocious dialogue and despite disliking the characters immensely. (It's in the picture, if that helps.)
2. This author co-hosts a video blog with his brother. I heart him.
3. The name by which the author in question number 2 refers to his wife.
4. I've often told people--both known to me, as well as strangers on the street--that they need to read this book and/or listen to it on audio. It's narrated by death.
5. The number of books written by compuserve members. There are multiple books for some authors, please enter the TOTAL. (Be sure to study ALL of the pics carefully.) (For the new rules, name 'em. We'll do a countdown. There are 20 -- bonus points if you come up with 21, tho. :))
6. Name the two books that have multiple copies shown. (Hint: each have two, not all the same size.)
7. This author tells a very convincing tale regarding a certain HP author. According to this author, J.K. Rowling has kidnapped Alan Rickman and is holding him hostage in her basement. I'm not sure why. At any rate, name two books I own by this author. Extra points if you can get them all.
8. This author has a serious affection for Lady Ga-Ga. If she has one aspiration in life, it's probably to be sparkly. Name her book.
9. The movie version of this book starred the great Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine as the little fool.
10. This author just had her 15th book come out in her long-running series. (Which reminds me I need to go out an get it!) Extra points if you can name the lead female, and two lead male characters.
11. I, very recently, said I want to BE this author.
12. Name his books as shown. (1 pt. for each book)
Okay, that adds up to...hmmm, a lot of points. I'll tally 'em up later. :)
Off you go -- and good luck!