Monday, December 14, 2009

I Love Me Some Christmas Music!

If I'm completely honest, I could listen to it all year long. I can never understand why people say they get sick and tired of it...*shrug* LOL.

It's become a tradition for me to add to my Christmas music collection every year...one or two CD's. I like listening to the different takes on old favorites. This year I've added The Brian Setzer Orchestra (Rock-a-billy Christmas, anyone?) and MoTown Favorites. Fantastic, both.

That said, here's one of my favorite versions of Merry Christmas, Baby by Bonnie Raitt and Charles Brown. Hope the video turned out okay. This is really my first time fiddling with Movie Maker. (Not sure the random pics are the right size/pixels/whatnot...OH WELL. (g)) It's aaaaallll about the song, anyway. :)

4 comments:

Helen said...

Jen - I think the main reason why a lot of people get sick of Christmas music is that a lot of the time the versions being played are crummy! It's certainly why I dislike a lot of it. Go into any shopping centre at this time of year and chances are they'll be playing some awful version of a Christmas song by someone who can't sing, and who is taking tremendous liberties with the timing and/or melody to the point that the song is barely recognisable! Or - worse still - there'll be a singing Santa or three, singing in tinny computer-generated voices. Bleargh.

Tara Parker said...

I have to agree with Helen. The only Christmas music I play with any sort of regularity is Trans-Siberian Orchestra because the local Christmas station plays crappy versions of songs I grew up with.

What ever happened to Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby?

If you haven't downloaded TSO, I can't recommend them enough. In fact, I might just have to send you the CD's if you don't already have them. :)

Jennifer Hendren said...

Helen,

True dat. But of course, I still love all varieties. (g) One of my friends at work recently said she loves the N'Sync Christmas album. Ummm, I Draw The Line...and it's a big ole' fat line...at the idea of boy band Christmas. :)

Jen

Jennifer Hendren said...

Tara,

Well...*cough* I've actually never listened to TSO. (vbg)

And yeah, some versions can get rather obnoxious. But then sometimes I really enjoy when someone changes up a song every now and then. That said, I still love the classics, too. You simply can't go wrong in my book. :)

Jen