Friday, October 9, 2009

Some Early-Morning Random Thoughts

It's Friday. TG. But it's cold, and icky, and I don't want to get out of bed and go to work. But alas, that is life. The unfortunate part is that it's an ALL DAY work day for me. I'll be leaving in about 45 min and won't get home until probably 1am. Tell me that doesn't suck? lol

**

To compound the looooonnng day, we had to make a late night emergency vet run with Bailey last night. It's still not clear what's wrong with her. Well, we know it's her throat. The big sign--other than the fact she's had her tail down and is walking around all sick-like--is that when we tried to feed her some soft food last night, she cried the entire time she ate it. One exam and two x-rays later (with many, many high-pitched, squeals--even when no one was touching her. Such a drama queen), and they couldn't really find anything in her soft palate, etc. Prognosis? Possible puppy sore throat. *smacks forehead* Well, it could be something bigger, but it's all a wait and see game at this point. Her cries were horrible, though, so you couldn't have kept us away from the vet. My guess is that she scraped up her throat scarfing down something. Possibly something we gave her. Possibly a stick. Possibly a rock. She's not the brightest bulb, but we love her.

**

I'm still bursting with good news this morning. Yaaaaaay.

**

Did a bit of work on FI between vet and Husker game. (YAY, way to make a comeback, boys!) The thing I always find funny about writing? It's always sooo much easier figuring things out than it is actually executing them (and it's NEVER easy for me to figure things out in advance). LOL. But I'm working on it, and that's the important thing. The new motivational thread I'm weaving into the story will change some things, but suprisingly not as much as I thought. The thing is, the major scenes that involved "the big reveals", etc. were the ones I've been stuck on for so long. So I'm not really losing that much because I couldn't complete them to begin with. LOL. So yay. That said, the more I think about the changes, the more I love them. They add this great layer to the story that was always sort of there, but now is clearly defined. And boy -- it's a doozy. :)

My goal, of course, is to make it as seamless as possible. Natural to the point that when you guys read it someday, you'll wonder to yourself -- what the heck was Jen blathering on about for so long? This COULDN'T have been that hard to write. lololol. Ah, the dream. :) But if it reads that way someday, realize the journey to get it there was NEVER easy. Fun, yes. Easy? No. Ah, nothing else like writing in the whole world.

**

Super-exciting-secret project is still in the works. Big reveal on Monday -- Promise!

**

It's official. I'm in the Halloween mood. I'm busy as all get-out, tired, and more than a little cranky most days. But dang it, those inflatable pumpkins and ghosts I'm seeing everywhere have brought me back around to Happy Jen. I love this season. LOVE IT. I'll even take the cold, dreary weather as part of the package. Can't wait to get to a haunted house or pumpkin patch this year. I'm a screamer, guaranteed to splinter all ear drums within a quarter mile radius. I'm told this makes it quite fun to tour one of these places with me. (g)

That said -- I may have to sneak a few moments to work on BTPM here and there. Or maybe even on WALKING IN SHADOW--the sequel. Werewolvews -- just the thing to put me in a good mood. :)

**

Okay -- I've procrastinated, but it really is time to head to work now.

4 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

I hope Bailey gets well soon!
"It's always sooo much easier figuring things out than it is actually executing them" - so darned true!
And Yay! for Hallowe'en :-)

Admin said...

It is 83 degrees where I am today...

What a country!

Btw..my word vericatoin is "dingly"...is that funny or what?

Jennifer Hendren said...

Deniz,

Thanks! I just heard that she's doing pretty well this morning. Still a little tender in the throat, but not crying when she eats. That's a big improvement, trust me. Poor lil' pooch. So hard when animals are under the weather. They can't tell you where it hurts. :(

Halloween is truly made of awesome. :) I need to dig out my decorations.

And yes...that execution. BLECH. I've been staring at the same scene all morning. Progress is sloooooww. (g) But it's progress.

Jen

Jennifer Hendren said...

Rhonddalyn,

OMG...I am so jealous. I think it was high 40's/low 50's when I left the house this morning. Brrr. But it is kinda nice in a way. Sweater weather. Makes me want to drink a gallon of hot chocolate. (g)

Dingly...lololol. Love it.

Jen