Friday, January 26, 2007

A New WIP Brewing

One thing I love about writing is that there never seems to be a shortage of ideas -- the places you can draw them from are so varied and abundant. Recently, I had a dream that's going to be the basis for a new YA urban fantasy. I'm very excited, because it's something I've never heard of before -- seemingly original. Whether or not that's true, I can completely build my world - set the parameters, etc. without any kind of outside influence.

Right now I'm shaping the idea in my head -- it's still sort of nebulous, with a few things coming into focus slowly. It's a very exciting stage for me. I love the birth of an idea and watching it take form as you mull it over and pound it out. I've shared it with a couple of people -- everyone has agreed it sounds like an interesting, fun read. Now I have to translate it into words.

I don't know when work will begin on this, but hopefully my dreams will continue to shed light on what it should be.

No comments: