Friday, September 30, 2011

The Countdown Begins!

Hey All --

Well, it's been a busy few weeks. I finally managed to finish my final revisions of BY THE PALE MOONLIGHT, and if you follow me over at ATWOP, you know I've decided to self-publish it. It's a big decision, I know...but I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be taking this step.

So, the plan: digital publication by October 15th. At all major retailers where ebooks are sold. If you don't have an eReader, never fear. You can now download reader apps for your PC or smart phone -- if you want to read it, there IS a way.

After I get the digital versions up and running, I fully plan on putting out a paperback version. If you're a stickler and must have an actual paper copy, a version will be available--though you'll have to wait a little while longer. Trust me, I want one, too. Bad. :) Can't wait to hold that puppy in my hands. lol

It's my goal to blog on a much more regular basis. I plan on discussing the process of self-publication--and I hope you come along for this wild ride. I can't wait for October 15th to get here!!

For now, here's a little teaser of the book... my first official book trailer, put together by my good friend, Jenna Nichols. (Thanks, Jenna!)

6 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

Congratulations Jen! Can't wait!

J.L. Murphey said...

Congrats Jen!!!! Don't forget epub files can be downloaded to computers too and read with adobe's free e-reader software! :)

Precie said...

Congratulations! Very exciting! Can't wait to see your adventures unfold.

Jennifer Hendren said...

Thanks, Deniz! Squeee...it's fast approaching. :)

Jennifer Hendren said...

Jo --

Thanks for the reminder! I'm still trying to get a handle on how best to get my book into some of my family members hands -- they wouldn't know what an ereader is, let alone how to get a book on to one. LOL. I've got SO much to learn myself... hopefully it will all click at some point... I'm reading as much as I can on the process. I may have to quiz those of you who have been there, done that. (g)

Jennifer Hendren said...

Thanks, Precie! I'm excited to see what happens, too. :)