Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 4 -- CHECK!

I'm on my way to bed in a few minutes, but thought I'd drop in to say I've survived my fourth day of Nano. Even met my goal -- for FOUR nights in a row. That puts me over the 7K mark. WHOOT!

I very nearly called tonight a no-go. Didn't start writing until after 11 -- but I said, gut it out, Jen. Don't get behind. And so, I did.

The scene is fairly pivotal, and pretty much sets up the ending of the book--whatever that will be. LOL. This without a real beginning or middle of the book written. Go figure. Welcome to the world of a chunk writer. LOL. I LOVE IT, though. For me, knowing the end helps me to figure out a way to get there. I know, weird...assbackwards, but in my opinion, you do what you have to do to get the job done. For me, this works.

That said, I'm excited to see what happens next!! Whoo!!! :)

2 comments:

Deniz Bevan said...

Go Jen Go!
Happened to me last night too - got some words down during the morning but work was long and then I had a birthday celebration to go too, which I showed up early for; I said, let me just start writing and see how far I get. Well, the first two paragraphs were utter crap but then something clicked and woo, another two notebook pages filled!

Jennifer Hendren said...

Yay, Deniz! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you just put your butt in chair. I have to remember that when I REALLY don't want to write. LOL.

Jen