Sunday, February 21, 2010

Isn't It Kinda Sad...

When the only way you can force yourself to take a day off is by getting sick? Yup. SICK as a dog right now. Plus, I got the added bonus of completely losing my voice. LOL. Those of you who know me in person know I'm a TALKER... not being able to speak to people is a punishment of the worst kind. Couldn't even CALL anyone to tell them not to expect to see me today. Thank God for email!

Anyway -- I'm going to take full advantage. I'm about half-way through SILENT IN THE GRAVE and plan to finish that up... and did I mention that my awesome friend, Amanda (who I met at the Rocky Mtn Gold Conference and who LET me read her most awesome book!), sent me GRACELING by Kristin Cashore?? It's totally awesome, too. I'm a ways into it so hopefully I can finish both up today.

Ahhhhh reading. Such a balm to these ick sick germs.

Dishes? They can't wait. Laundry? There's still room to stack the pile a little higher. Work? NOPE, NOPE, NOPE.

Happy reading.

3 comments:

Jennifer Hendren said...

Thanks, Carrie! I'm feeling somewhat better...still sound terrible, tho. (g)

Hope all is well with you! We need to catch up. :)

Tara Parker said...

Hope you feel better! I've been sick too. Not fun.

So - are you going??? Baby Jeebus wants to meet you.

Jennifer Hendren said...

Tara,

Nah, don't think it's in the cards this year. *cries* And I wanted to hold Baby Jesus! :) Maybe next time... things are way too tight right now.

And yeah, I'm feeling better...though my furnace is on the fritz so it makes getting better a little difficult what with the COLD house. LOL. But slowly recovering. Can speak for more than 1 minute at a time now. (g)

Jen